Solved: IE9-POP UP indicating IE has stopped working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SBruce

I am using Internet 9 with latest version on Windows 7. When I am on IE9 and close a tab I get a pop-up saying Internet Explorer has stopped working and that it will shut down and notify me when a fix is found. This is very annoying. The Explorer does not actually shut down so what is this all about. I am running without "add-on" selected.
Bruce

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770S CPU @ 3.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 8143 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 953766 MB, Free - 824661 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., P8Z77-V LX
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

Possible Causes:
-A virus or program altered the code of Internet explorer causing it to crash.
-An important system file needed by internet explorer is missing.
-Your computer was not properly powered off causing some files to get corrupted.

The solution:
-Do a scan with malwarebytes in case a virus is messing up with you --FIRST CASE
-Fix internet explorer: Here is how http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378 -- SECOND CASE
-Schedule a scan disk to fix corrupted hdd sectors.

A recommendation: Migrate to a better web browser..Google Chrome or Firefox.
-

SBruce

Hi NIKOMASTER:
I ran some tests as you suggested and sure enough there was some kind of malware found and was removed and seems to have solved my problem at this moment. If it reocurrs I will let you know.
Thanks again
Bruce

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online