1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: I'm flummoxed

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jferdig, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jferdig

jferdig Thread Starter

Hi guys,

Okay i ran avasti the other night and it said i needed to repair damaged files in windows and to reinstall my xp pack 3... so i did that but it locked up (i think) right before completion.... so i've turned my computer on/off tried to safe log to no avail... here's where im at... i turn computer on get Dell screen.. blue bar... with 2 opts f2 or f12.... then it gets me to a black screen that says diskette failure and to press f1 to continue or f2 for setup opts... f2 doesnt seem to get me anywhere and f1 gets me to window screen and welcome.... then wants to activate my windows xp program.. if i press yes i just get my background.. nothing else.. if i press no then i get my name which i click on which sends me back to the activation option window.... what am i to do??

i've turned the computer off and tried to open using xp disk in drive.. no go...

im lost..

im not using my computer for anything major.... gaming, personnel etc.. so no high graphics, sound, etc.. nothing fancy.. but i cant print out sys info at this time...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088117

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice