1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: I'm in trouble & need help

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Omega_Shadow, Jul 11, 2006.

Advertisement
  1. Omega_Shadow

Omega_Shadow Thread Starter

Some of you know already that I have been evicted from my home and have till the 30th to move. Those of you who know that also know that I can not afford rent around here on my current paychecks and those will stop soon. I have searched desperately for a place to move into, but I have had no luck. Oh, it gets better. My own family is refusing to help me out, they are going to let me sleep on the street.

So I am about to be homeless and jobless with only a few hundred dollars keeping me from from being completely penniless. I need options and I need them fast if I am to avoid being sucked under.

I am willing to relocate anywhere in the United States and work any job that puts a roof over my head, the problem is getting the money to move and then having enough left over for rent. I am just out of ideas. I have absolutely no support what so ever, no net to fall into, and I am about to take a fall that I may never get back up from.

Anyone, if you have any ideas on how to get myself out of this hole I would be so very grateful. I will do anything that is possible for me money-wise at this point.

That said, right now I can't see myself getting out of this :( My safety net was family and they let me down miserably. Sounds sad but you guys are all I have left. And my last hope.

2. JEBWrench

JEBWrench

First thing, find a shelter, if you can find one in your area. Find out how many days they'll allow to stay in a row. Then, I would suggest looking in the phone book for placement agencies, and look into them.

As far as food, are there any food banks or food missions there? Find out where you can get food should you need it.

3. techno_lust

techno_lust

If I found my self in such a situation as yours, I would use the shadow cast by Johnwills immense knowledge to shield me from the heat of the midday sun and then I would bask in the radiance thrown off by Candys personality to keep me warm in the midnight hour. If I found myself hungry I would seek out the cookiegal. To give me the strength to go on I would draw from the well of Mulders persistance................

4. saltydawgs

saltydawgs Account Closed

first try to look for a job, anything that atleast keep you ontrack (alive)
    also, you can always find shelter (atleast where im from)
    then you can advance from there

btw do you still have an internet line or are you at the library or something?
    im trying to think of ways to slim down your monthly bills

5. JEBWrench

JEBWrench

Most shelters I've known of and been to have provided placement assistance. If you're not working now, I suggest you spend a lot of time in front of the phone book, and start circling possible shelters and job agencies.

6. Omega_Shadow

I have my home (utilities and all, that includes my net connection) and my job till the 30th. After the 30th I don't have a home no more. I can try to convince my job to keep me on just a bit longer but its going to be tough

I have beem applying for every retail job in the state through monster. My retail stacked resume should help me get a job in that field easy but so far no dice. But I would take any job and have been applying for anything else I can find.

The big thing is a place to go, even if I get a job somewhere in the state I am having a very hard time (aka IMPOSSIBLE) To find a place to move into. I am currently searching the entire state and the places I DO have enough to move into will not answer my calls or emails.

7. JEBWrench

JEBWrench

Keep calling, keep e-mailing. Make sure they know how much they need you.

8. wateva

wateva

They are evicting you without 2 months notice? Your employers are firing you without long time notice? If sorry drag their sorry arses to court and sue the crap outta them.

9. katonca

katonca

OS,

Sorry to hear it went from bad to worse. I believe you said you were from the Detroit met area? I'll do some checking to see about emergency shelter in that area.

10. Shamou

Shamou

...the guy needs help... and if you can't say anything intelligent shut up... :eek: :eek: :eek:

11. Omega_Shadow

They gave me 1 months notice as per the contract and the law, As for the job they dont have to give you a "long time notice". They are being more then fair considering people with more senority have been let go before me.

katonca..... thanx man (y)

12. Shamou

Shamou

Do not despair Buddy... it is when things look the bleakest that great opportunities open up... take it one day at the time... ...help will come from where you least expect it...

13. JEBWrench

JEBWrench

Omega, is it possible for you to get work on the other side of the river, I can keep an eye open on the papers over here for apartments and such in the Windsor area.

14. Omega_Shadow

Not sure if I need "papers" or a "work permit" to be an american working in canada. Shamou, to your knowlage do you know if americans have to get permits to live and work in canada? And if I do how hard would it be to apply for them?

15. JEBWrench

JEBWrench

I'm not sure what's necessary. Windsor has lots of Americans working there, so I can't say how many of them have what sorts of papers.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482392

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice