1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: I'm Outlook set up dumb!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jberd99usa, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jberd99usa

jberd99usa Thread Starter

AHHHH!!!! I'm suffering a serious stupid session with Outlook express. Here are the errors I receive. I use Juno for my email and I also have Comcast...who provides my cable connection, t.v., and phone. I just can't figure out the right config. Any help for the challenged is much appreciated!!

The host 'comcast' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'comcast', Server: 'comcast', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

The host 'Juno' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'Juno', Server: 'Juno', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

The host 'Juno' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'Juno', Server: 'Juno', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

The host 'POP 3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP 3', Server: 'POP 3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

Thanks,
    jberd99usa

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Retired Moderator

Hi jberd99usa

Has either account worked successfully?

Your Comcast account was setup before you signed up with Juno or after?

Your Comcast account information should be using the server settings Comcast has provided you, your Juno account settings should be setup with the server settings Juno has provided.

What server settings do you have for Comcast and Juno?

3. jberd99usa

Hi EA Fiedler,
    Yes both comcast and juno work.
    Juno was first then comcast.
    Comcast:
    Outgoing mail (SMTP): smtp.Comcast.net
    Incoming mail: (POP3): mail.Comcast.net
    Juno:
    Outgoing mail(SMTP) Server:authsmtp.juno.com Incoming mail(POP3) Server: pop.juno.com
    Hope this helps you help me...Thanks,
    jberd99usa

4. EAFiedler

If both accounts work, what has changed before you started receiving these errors?
    Have you installed a new anti-virus program, a new anti-spam program or a new firewall?

Have you reconfigured any of the above programs?
    Received any new updates for these programs right before receiving these errors?

If you send a Test message addressed to yourself do still receive an error message?
    Send a Test message to the Comcast account from the Comcast account and send a Test message from the Juno account to the Juno account.

If you receive any errors please copy and paste the exact error here in your reply.

5. jberd99usa

EA;
    Sent from comcast to comcast ...works.
    Sent from juno to juno...works
    I receive error messages listed above when I try to use Outlook to send email. Sorry for all the trouble I'm causing you...Thanks,
    jberd.
    Also when I try to send an email from a link on a website Outlook opens and I try to send email and the same errors appear.
    Thanks again.

6. EAFiedler

Please edit your post above and remove your e-mail address, otherwise you will be receiving a lot more spam in the future. :eek:

Do you also use Juno as a backup Internet Service Provider?

Which accounts do you have setup as the Defaults in Outlook and Outlook Express?

7. jberd99usa

Sorry had to leave. Four year daughter's beauty pagent. I do not use Juno as a back up ISP. I could, (I have the free Juno service), but I just use Comcast. As for accounts I have listed in mail Comcast, Juno (default) and POP 3. Connection is "any available" in both Outlook and Outlook Express. Thanks for the email tip. Should have known better.

8. EAFiedler

9. jberd99usa

EA;
    Opened Outlook Express>tools>accounts>mail, highlight "Comcast">Set as Default>properties>General Tab, add in box my e-mail address, (******@comcast.net),> Servers tab, filled in "Incoming mail (POP)" box with mail.comcast.net.....then filled in "Outgoing mail (SMTP)" box with smtp.comcast.net. Then > O.K. Done and it works!
    Opened Outlook>tools>e-mail accounts. Under E-Mail tab bulleted "view or change existing e-mail accounts">Next>highlight "Comcast">Set as Default>Finish. Done and it works!

Went through step by step so someone else with the same problem can fix their situation. Had to go to Comcast Help to ascertain "mail.comcast.net and smtp.comcast.net".

Thanks EA for you help and direction. It's been an annoyance for a couple of years. Just never got to the right place until I came to this forum. Thanks again!!!

jberd99usa

10. EAFiedler

Thanks for posting back and letting us know what worked! (y)

I have marked your thread Solved, in the future, that option is also available to you, using the Thread Tools drop down menu at the top of the page.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644704

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice