(Solved) image files{ Nero copying question}

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ladynimue

I need an idiots guide on how to copy image files ie photo's onto a cd. I have a Liteon cdrw and nero software and can not get it to work. I follow instructions, I think, but it does not work and even if it says burn sucessful nothing will playback from disk.
Doing computer photoshop course and need to be able to take images with me. Can anyone help?

Hello ladynimue, welcome to TSG

use the Wizard
make a new data cd
find the images you want on the disk in the right pane
drag them to the left pane

got the latest nero?
http://www.nero.com/en/index.html#download

easier if you save all the files to one folder, then you only have to browse to that folder in the right window

what exactly happens when it doesn't work?
you should close all other programs when burning, as it eats lots of resources

With CD burner software an “image” file is a special file that is an image of an entire drive. You can use it to restore your computer if it is an image of your boot drive. These images are also called ghosts.

Images like photos are recorded as regular data. Follow Hairy’s instructions and they will record fine. Avoid any setting that says “image”.

ladynimue

Many thanks to both Hairy and Slipe, I have done it! Once You told me to Use DATA CD and that image is not a photo it worked .

It was my fault that I could not run any of the disks onto Photoshop , since putting in cdrw, my d: drive is now called E; and cdrw is called d:drive therefore it kept telling me drive was not available as I was giving it wrong name.

thanks again
Ladynimue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online