Solved: Image resizing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Nita

I have reduced a diagram by 50% on photoshop but when I print it it comes out at full size, I unticked the box that said fit to frame. What am I doing wrong?
Nita

I am assuming its and image jpg or bmp you are trying to print. It depends how you are trying to print it. If you just click the picture and it opens in paint or a photo viewer and try to print it, most likely it will print huge. If you use the built in print option in Windows 7 when you click on it once, then you can choose what size you would like your photo given the pre-selected sizes.

If you have Microsoft Publisher that comes with Office, You can just import the picture then make it any size you would like it in reference to a sheet of paper

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What did you reduce ... The Total pixel count, Physical size, DPI, Canvas size .. etc .. ????
What Physical size did you set it to ????

Many times, You really do not want to resize the image ....
If you do not really know what you're doing, This can permanently reduce the quality of the image.
If it were me, I'd print it in Irfanview and tell Irfanview what size to print it.

Attachments

Nita

It's just a diagram....I reduced the image by 50% saved it but when I printed it it came up the same size as the original .it was a JPEG image.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I still don't know what (size) parameter you reduced ???
I would never resize the Photoshop file to just Print it ..
What routine did you print it with ??
If Photoshop ... You should have been able to tell it what size to print in the print routine

Attachments

Reducing the image by 50% probably just reduced the resolution. If it did reduce the size, the method you are using to print just stretches the picture out. I agree with the above post and try using infranview to print

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Image sizing can be a confusing topic.
In Photoshop, You probably do not want to check the re-sample box until you really know what you're doing.
Re-sampling the image can destroy the original Quality.
An image file of any size can be printed at any size ... So it's normally not necessary to change the size.
The only reason I change the size nowadays is If I want to reduce the file size (and Image quality) and I know that I'll never need better resolution.
Most print routines that I know of ... Will let you print an image at any size.

Attachments

Nita

You are making a simple task sound very complicated.the image is a diagram for a foundation block for a quilt. I need to make a block 50% of it's original size. The resolution is immaterial. It's just lines.
As you see I'm not very savvy in the computer department. I have done this in the past but as you can see the RAM of my brain has declined due to age and unfortunately haven't been able to upgrade.
Nita

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You don't have to change the Image .. Just print it at Half size.
It's probably the Print routine that's messing you up.
I'd like to see the quilt block .. If you had your private messaging turned on I'd send you my email address.

Nita

How do I print it at half size?
I can either print it from office or from photoshop.
Nita

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I don't know the parameters of you image ... So the question is half size of what ???
In the Photoshop print routine, try setting the scale to 50% .... Or the height or width to what you want.

Attachments

Nita

Thanks for your patience. I now have suceeded in printing the smaller image but only in part because although I am printing on A4 paper it thinks I am printing a 4x6 photo. I cannot see where to alter the paper size. If I tell you that I remember when they played Kokomo Indiana the song on the radio you will appreciate that I am not young! I did as you suggested and altered the image size in photoshop print. Can you possibly help
Nita

plodr

Liz
In your printer, click the Print settings. There you can change the paper size.

First of all i need to know which changes you made in the image size .Else I suggest if u want to change in the image size then just change image canvas size while using photoshop , because photoshop is best for this.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online