[SOLVED] Imation Superdisk Drive Crash

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wrbogart

My Imation Superdisk Drive crashed. Its gone......Kaput. I still have info on the disk i would like to retrieve. Imation is out of the Superdisk technology so no help there. It will not work in a standard 3.5 floppy drive. Any suggestions?

Next time I buy an Iomega.

iomega is not much better in my opinion, bought from them once, returned it, will never buy from them again. Long story

You will have to find someone with another ls120 to get the info off the disk

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Just my two centavos, you'd be better off to buy a CDRW drive instead....media is less expensive and more people can read the files.

wrbogart

Thanks for the advice. Does anyone know of someone with another SuperDisk Drive? I don't. I live way out here in the boonies of Indiana. Most of them would think its another model of the the Dodge Ram.

Seriously, I will pay to have the info retrieved to a CD. They can contact me on here an I will email them direct.

Bill

wrbogart

My thanks to those who offered help with this problem, but I put on the Krell thought elevating helmet from the movie "The Forbidden Plant" and I figured it all out. Burp!

It seems that the Imation website says you cannot plug the drive supply into a power strip. It has to be plugged directly into a wall outlet. Strange..........I have had it plugged into a power strip for 3 years and this problem just turns up????

It may have been the fact that I just upgraded to Win98. I did have to upgrade the drivers from the Imation website for Win98 also. Yeah so I'am slow. I like to wait till everyone else gets the bugs out till I upgrade

Anyway, thanks again for all the help

Bill

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online