1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] Imation Superdisk Drive Crash

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wrbogart, Dec 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wrbogart

wrbogart Thread Starter

My Imation Superdisk Drive crashed. Its gone......Kaput. I still have info on the disk i would like to retrieve. Imation is out of the Superdisk technology so no help there. It will not work in a standard 3.5 floppy drive. Any suggestions?

Next time I buy an Iomega.

2. brianF

brianF

iomega is not much better in my opinion, bought from them once, returned it, will never buy from them again. Long story

You will have to find someone with another ls120 to get the info off the disk

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Just my two centavos, you'd be better off to buy a CDRW drive instead....media is less expensive and more people can read the files.

4. wrbogart

wrbogart Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice. Does anyone know of someone with another SuperDisk Drive? I don't. I live way out here in the boonies of Indiana. Most of them would think its another model of the the Dodge Ram.

Seriously, I will pay to have the info retrieved to a CD. They can contact me on here an I will email them direct.

Bill

5. wrbogart

wrbogart Thread Starter

My thanks to those who offered help with this problem, but I put on the Krell thought elevating helmet from the movie "The Forbidden Plant" and I figured it all out. Burp!

It seems that the Imation website says you cannot plug the drive supply into a power strip. It has to be plugged directly into a wall outlet. Strange..........I have had it plugged into a power strip for 3 years and this problem just turns up????

It may have been the fact that I just upgraded to Win98. I did have to upgrade the drivers from the Imation website for Win98 also. Yeah so I'am slow. I like to wait till everyone else gets the bugs out till I upgrade

Anyway, thanks again for all the help

Bill

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!