1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: immediate shut down after startup.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by sirclippliers, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sirclippliers

sirclippliers Account Closed Thread Starter

Hi, I am just wondering if anyone has ever had this problem and know how to fix it. Just recently bought a new computer with Vista on and it now fails to load up properly. It takes a long time to get to the screen with the user names on and then after clicking on an account says " windows must now restart because a plug and play service terminated unexpected"
    then says that something failed to initialise, 0X800106ba: a program stopped it. It then immediately shuts down, restarts and does it all again. It even does it in safe mode. I cant get it to stay on long enought to do any sort of scan or recover any log from anywhere. Before I beat it to death with a rolled up newspaper, is there any hope you can give? pleeeze? pretty pleeeze?

2. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

3. sirclippliers

Hi, No these are two separate machines. I fixed the trojan one (this one) by putting in a new hard drive. This other one was working well, But the one who must be obeyed (wife) has put on a game (MWO) which suggested turning off everything that protects it. She being not too bright cant tell me exactly what she has done exactly. So this is something that has happened since purchase and after a while of satisfactory use, if you can call windows satisfactory.

4. 1002richards

Hi,
    Have you tried a system restore to before tha game was installed?

5. sirclippliers

Hi, yes I tried last known good config when I pressed F8 on start up and nothing different happened, as in still goosed.

6. 1002richards

Restart the computer and tap the F8 key to get the Advanced Boot Options
    menu. Select the option to not Automatically restart on failure. Now it
    might stop at the blue screen to show the error.

7. sirclippliers

Got up this morning and tried what u said. it failed to load up at all. I went back to safe mode menu and found another menu, "Repair", hit that and found the system restore button. I restored it to an earlier version and it seems to be working fine now. Windows defender had caught a Vundo trojan, so whether that had caused the problem I dont know. Thank you for your assistance

8. 1002richards

I hope it stays fixed ... glad you resolved it.

Richard.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/751372

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice