Solved: Importing address book to Outlook

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

woodies

:confused: Hi TSG's. I have a new PC and am trying to import the address book from outlook express on my laptop to Outlook on the new pc via a usb drive. I imported my favourites to internet explorer without a hitch but cant do the dame for my address book. Any ideas (of course you'll have ideas, you always solve my problems!!!!) Thanks

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi woodies

A couple methods can be used:

Export the Outlook Express Address Book as a Text File (Comma Separted Values), then Import the .csv file into your Outlook Contacts or Address Book.
The options for my Outlook 97 are for Contacts, yours may be different.

In Outlook Express:
File > Export > Address Book > Text File (Comma Separated Values) > Name the file > Browse to the Desktop > Select the fields > Finish

In Outlook:
File > Import and Export > Import from Schedule + or another program or file > Next > Comma Separated Values > Next > Browse to file > Next > Select Destination Folder > Finish

Or in Outlook:
File > Import and Export > Import from Schedule + or another program or file > Next > Personal Address Book > Select Destination Folder > Finish

Using the first method and creating a .csv file makes the file available for backup purposes and available for other messaging programs.

Let us know if this works for you or not.

woodies

Hey thanks EAFiedler, that worked nicely! Problem solved!!!! Cheers!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online