Solved: Importing Outlook Address Book

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rich-M

This issue keeps coming up time and again and it may vary per Outlook program but I am using Outlook 2003 and I believe the Outlook Address book is in the .pst file but in no way can import it into the program. Not using import...I have moved the .pst file from a retiring desk top and have copied that file to the appropriate new folder but for the life of me it will not find the "Contacts". What is the best way to do this?

File/Open/Outlook Data File

Point to the PST file. You will see it listed on the left side under Folder Views. You can then move items from this folder to your Contacts folder.

Rich-M

OK that shows me Contacts folder and they are there, but they still do not appear in Address book...how do we get the Contacts to open in that.

Right-click on the Contacts Folder, then go to the Outlook Address Book tab, and stick a checkmark in the box to show it as the address book.

Rich-M

Thank you thank you, I had actually figured it out but thanks for the come back!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts