1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Importing Outlook Express address book to Windows7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Nepsa, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nepsa

Nepsa Thread Starter

First Name:
    David
    I am tring to import my outlook Express Address book to windows 7. It indicated I did indeed imported the files, but They do not show up in my contacts list. I also added my Comcast mail account to the windows mail list and they do not show up there either. I am totally confused. Help!

2. w7pro

w7pro

3. Nepsa

Nepsa Thread Starter

First Name:
    David
    I don't have the old PC to use this process. I have my old Outlook Express Address file on my external Hard drive that is connected to my new PC using Windows 7. Can I still use the Easy Transfer Program if the external hard drive with the file is attached to my new pc running windows 7?

Also, I have added my Comcast.mail account, will the address list show up ther also?

4. w7pro

w7pro

When I did it, it was on a singular machine, so I haven't had that experience, but it wouldn't necessarily hurt to try it. Since it's backed up on an external, you're not going to lose anything (hardware failures notwithstanding).

5. Nepsa

Nepsa Thread Starter

First Name:
    David
    If I have to revert back to the import process, which file format should I use . (wab, etc)

6. Nepsa

Nepsa Thread Starter

First Name:
    David
    I figured it out. I new when I attempted to import the address book from my external harddrive, the system indicated it was importing the data. It did! I added one new address to establish my first contact, then clicked this small box in the upper right cornen of the contact list and click user data and it dropped my old contact data in. Thanks!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!