Solved: Importing saved Address Book in Outlook Express 5

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bilyk

I have OE5 and trying to import a saved address book from floppy and get an error message 'An error occurred during the import process. The import process could not be completed.' and when I try to open the saved file by itself it says 'the file has been locked by another application. Try closing the other application and try again later.' I closed everything that was running and I can't see any settings that is preventing this import. My WAB properties are correct. Any suggestions?

outlook express versions have to match.

if your .wab file was created with OE ver 5.whatever, then it will only import to the same OE ver 5.whatever. its a drag, I know. If your running a newer version of OE, I don't recommend reverting to an older version to get your wab file. if the file is important, you could try downloading eudora light, use that programs import to get your addresses, then go back to outlook express and import other address book from eudora light.

make another copy of your .wab file. This time just copy the file to the floppy without opening it. Then when you get to the computer you want to save it to. save it to a folder somewhere. make sure in the properties that the file is not right protected. then go to OE and import the file in.

bilyk

Thank you everyone! Problem was solved by reinstalling Office which reset Outlook setting.

bilyk

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts