1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: in stall 64 bit

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Befl21, Apr 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Befl21

Befl21 Thread Starter

I want to know if I can install 64 bit on my computer?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.20GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3573 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chip set Family, 384 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 113920 MB, Free - 29615 MB; F: Total - 848089 MB, Free - 197524 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0KU184
    Antivirus: Kaspersky Total Security, Updated and Enabled

2. valis

valis Moderator

according to this:

x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11

you can.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You appear to have a Dell Latitude D630 14.1" laptop. Is that correct?

Its Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 2.20 GHz processer is capable of running Windows 7 64-bit.

Its primary devices (graphics, audio, ethernet, wireless) should all work with Windows 7 64-bit.

You didn't say why you want to switch from 32-bit to 64-bit. You will need to do a clean install. You cannot do an upgrade and retain your programs and settings and data.

------------------------------------------------------------

4. Befl21

Befl21 Thread Starter

Thank you very much for letting me know about x64 from a 32 bit, your answer is just what I wanted to know. the reason I wanted to know is that I have been woundering just how good my little computer was and since I have a instalation disk, I wanted to know if I could use it. Now I can dicide if I want to take my computer to the next step. again thank you

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    3.48 GB of the 4 GB of RAM in that old laptop is usable.

Windows 7 64-bit will allow all 4 GB to be used, but that's not a valid reason to switch to it.

Windows 7 64-bit may also have compatibility issues with some of your older programs.

Personally, I would stick with Windows 7 32-bit.

---------------------------------------------------------

6. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I have four Windows 7 computers. Two are 32 bit (desktops) and 2 are 64 bit (netbooks); all have 4GB of RAM. Truthfully, the slowest of the four is a 64 bit Acer netbook. That's because of the CPU it has. I notice little difference between the other three computers.

I'd also recommend sticking with 32 bit.

7. valis

valis Moderator

True story; I got no 64 bit rigs. And the only one Ive used was about 8 years ago at work. I have yet to require one, so I've not, um, acquired one.

Yeesh. That is why I dont rap.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146668

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice