Solved: Inaccessible Boot Device - Blue Screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

swanny65

Hi

Tried to boot my PC today and received the above message with the error code 0x0000007B (0x85E4C6D0, 0xC0000032, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Suggests i run chkdsk but i cant get into windows to do this.

Asus K8S-MX Motherboard, running windows 2000. Maxtor Hard Drive 6Y120L0.

The boot up on the Asus start up page takes a lot longer (10 secs instead of the usual 2 secs)

Maxtor Powermax 4.23 ran. Passed install confirmation, basic test and advanced test.

Can anyone help me - i am self employed and the computer holds all my records!!!

Thanks

Try unplugging any USB devices (other than keyboard and mouse), and try booting again. If this works, then plug in the USB devices again.

If this still does not work, boot into "Last Known Good" mode, or Safe Mode.

swanny65

Hi

Tried this but no good.

Only have two usb devices (mouse and Printer) Printer disconnected no change.

Last know good config - only Profile 1 again no change

Safe mode - no change

Debugging Mode - no cvhange

directory services repair - no change

Ummmmm what next, i have done a bit of googling and it looks like it could be a corrupted IDE controller.... any ideas how to fix this

Thanks

swanny65

Hi

Just done a fixboot from the recovery console of my window disc.

I was going to run fixmbr, but as i have a partitioned hard disc i decided against this.

A good decision as on rebooting chkdsk ran and windows booted normally.

Always take it one step at a time........

I will reboot two or three times today and post if problem reappears.

Thanks

It could be that the hard drive is failing, seeing as it's taking 10 seconds to boot, rather than 2 seconds....

swanny65

Hi Gurutech

Its was a corrupted ide driver. Reboots fine now. Just gatta remember to back up my self employed work more frequently!!!

Cheers

Swanny

hi

i'm new here.

I own a micron trek II laptop and I keep getting the blue screen stop error (inaccessable boot device) every single time I try to start up the computer. then it suggests things to rectify the problem... things I can't do because I can't access anything anyway, other than the menus from F5, F8, or F1-F4 (whichever one has that menu--I pressed them at random to find it when the Micron screen comes up).

They suggest that I check my computer for viruses, or run "chkdsk f\" ... How can I if I can't get to it to run it?

I'm not sure what might really be wrong with the laptop. What would you suggest?

swanny65

Hi see post 4.

I googled the problem and the general advice was to run the win2k recovery console....

To be honest i cant now remember exact where i found the advice or exactly what i did but my pc has rebooted every day without fail since April

Take it one simple step at a time.

does anyone have a suggestion as to what data recovery software I should try?

And is ant bytes boot for real?

Hi

Tried to boot my PC today and received the above message with the error code 0x0000007B (0x85E4C6D0, 0xC0000032, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Suggests i run chkdsk but i cant get into windows to do this.

Asus K8S-MX Motherboard, running windows 2000. Maxtor Hard Drive 6Y120L0.

The boot up on the Asus start up page takes a lot longer (10 secs instead of the usual 2 secs)

Maxtor Powermax 4.23 ran. Passed install confirmation, basic test and advanced test.

Can anyone help me - i am self employed and the computer holds all my records!!!

Thanks
Hi I'm new here. I'm using Windows Home XP and I've just encountered a problem while running yahoo messenger (ym). I'm not sure if it is a virus shared in the yahoo messenger but the problem definitely started from when I've used my ym yesterday. While ym was running, I was also running "Disk Defragmenting, it automatically restarted and showed a blue screen with "Boot Device" "(Options) ( )Hard Drive ( )CD-Rom Drive ( )Floppy-disk Drive ( )Networking". Since I was new to the problem, I chose highlighting "( )Networking" so not to lose files from booting or something. (I can't really remember the options word by word, but it sure do look like those options, because now I'm in an internet cafe typing this).
My laptop's screen kept running and booting and booting and booting the "Network" and showing the blue screen everytime I turn it on and it never even made it to the Windows start up page. It actually showed the ACER start up page but this won't do me no good when I enter "F2" to set up screen, then again the blue screen appears. I kept pressing and pressing "Esc" key on that blue screen and still no miracle had happened! My first option to look for answers is google. Then I would proceed to the Acer service center to let them fix my laptop. Please help me anyone. I have files I can't lose on my laptop and I need to use my laptop a.s.a.p. for my Finals this term in College (Service Centers only take ages to fix a laptop not to mention the cost you'll be paying when it's out of warranty date!!!). Anyone here kind enough to send an advice please do so to my email address:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
I would really appreciate it! Thanks much!

I showed my friend rycua about this. He found out that my hard disk wasn't detected in the set up menu. It crashed when I was running Disk Defragmenting and Yahoo Messenger because the only memory left on my 40gb was 2gb, which means that Disk Defragmenting would need 15% of disk space when 2gb is only 5%. Gheez! I have to buy a new one. I got one the same day last Monday for a higher capacity from 40gb to120gb. Had it all fixed now! Lucky me, I backed up all my files on my external hard drive.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online