1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: incompatible office programs error

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by XPUser1991, May 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XPUser1991

XPUser1991 Thread Starter

i have office 2013 pro-plus from my college installed, and today, whenever i try to open something from my OneDrive, weather it be an excel spreadsheet, power point presentation, or word document i get the "sorry, we cannot perform this operation, incompatible office products are installed on your machine. if you have an administrator contact them for help" and then another error that the file https://docs.live.com/<removed>/file.docx(pptx,xlsx) cannot be opened, and it only seems to be recent documents, as i tried to open an older document and i got the error but it opened the document anyway. Do i need to reinstall office or something?

2. draceplace

draceplace

This appears to be quit a hot topic when you Google. Screwing up whole networks of users. My brief analysis points to a problem with 'click to run' which is not configure correctly depending on which "Office" your running. MS sent out KB29207098 and there is some controversy about and I wouldn't install.
    The safest option (IMO) to try:
    &#8226;Start an Office 2013 application, such as Microsoft Word 2013.
    &#8226;On the File menu, click Account.
    &#8226;For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. Select the Update Now option.
    &#8226;Wait for it to finish
    &#8226;Done - Hope it helps

3. XPUser1991

XPUser1991 Thread Starter

i tried that, no luck, so i reinstalled, and that seemed to fix it so, solved i guess.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148108

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice