1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Incredimail hijack

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Ayabel, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ayabel

Ayabel Thread Starter

Hi there,

I don't know how, but I've click somewhere on the 'BT yahoo' site, which has caused all my emails (over 1,500) to be downloaded on to INCREDIMAIL. I do not wish to store them there, as I usually access my webmail from different computers and I need to have all my emails visible so I can reply to them wherever I am.

Is there anyway at all of recovering all those emails and get them put back onto my webmail, or can I somehow at least export them into a folder in my computer?

And most importantly, how do I stop this incredimail from hijacking my emails without losing all the ones this program is already storing for me? How do I deactivate this download of emails?

I need some help urgently, and it will be much appreciated

Thanks all.

2. nessyguin

nessyguin

It's a few years since I used Incredimail but I'd imagine the option to leave messages on the server is still available . Using that option will effectively mean Incredimail copies the mail to your hard drive but doesnt remove them from the original mail account .

I suppose one way to retrieve downloaded messages would be to forward them to one of your mail accounts . A lot of hassle but I cant think of any easy way round it :(

3. Ayabel

Ayabel Thread Starter

Thanks a lot. Someone found that option for me and now my emails stay on my webmail :) Also, I'll just keep every other message in my PC, but I appreciate your advice... Imagine more than 1500 emails!! Crazy!!
    Thanks for your help

4. nessyguin

nessyguin

Glad you got sorted :)

Another couple of things you might consider are to block Incredimail from accessing the internet in your firewall . You'll still be able to read any mail already downloaded but it obviously wont access your webmail any more ; also make sure it is not set as your default email client - in XP you can check this by clicking the Set Program Access and Defaults icon in the left panel of Control Panel/Add and Remove Programs ...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752422

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice