1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Inkscape 11"/14" or larger

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by 2whldreams, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 2whldreams

2whldreams Thread Starter

Greetings.

My intial question was in reference to creating elementary Logos.

There are tutorials available for Inkscape online for elementary mechanical drawings. Might this be a good place to start?

If so, can I enlarge an image from the standard 8 1/2"x 11" format to a larger size like 11"/14' or maybe larger?

Ultimately the goal is to create a logo (of various sizes) and have the option of being able to have it printed to a Canon 9000 printer.

Thank you for your time and input.

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Jay
    You should be able to set Vector Graphics to any size
    Have you seen any of these these Tutorials

3. wowzer

wowzer

Inkscape would be a good start...yes

Learning curve.. yes

As Noyb says... vector graphics can be set to just about any output size.

Start with as simple a drawing as possible that incorperates your needs or even simpler so you get the idea of how the various options/technics work.

4. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Jay
    I'm wondering if there would be more support here and online if Abobe Illustrator was used.
    The CS2 version is also available for Free

5. wowzer

wowzer

Could well be, as I said in another thread plenty of toots for anything Adobe.

6. 2whldreams

2whldreams Thread Starter

First, thank you for responding to my inquiries.

After watching several Youtube vid's, I was becoming intimidated with Inkscape. Fortunately, I kept searching and came across a gentlemen who goes by PhotoAdvanced2 (Inkscape tutorials).

I can't recommend him highly enough.

I also can't wait to recommend this forum to others as you were able to alleviate a lot of frustration by answering questions remarkably quickly.

Thank you again.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084614

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice