1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: "Input not support" message pops up in my AOC e1621swb monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Phrankcie, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Phrankcie

Phrankcie Thread Starter

Please guys i need help...
    My AOC E1621SWB monitor always say "Input not Support" after the Windows 7 logo... I tried running it in Safe mode and every other option i have but still it says the same thing...
    Before I had that message I am installing Windows 7 64bit because what i had was just 34 bit (i just bought a kingston DDR3 4GB RAM and i have 2GB RAM also, i wanted to maximize my RAMs and everybody on the internet tells me to go 64... so that's why i did.)

I Installed the 64 bit with the Custom option because i like to build it from the ground up.. after some percent of Installation, of course my PC restarted and boom that's where the dreadful "Input not Support" message came... I tried Plugging in and out the VGA cable, the power plug and turning on and off the monitor but nothing works...
    I don't know if it has any connection with the Win7 installation but as far as i can remember this was the first time it happened.

Some Facts you may also want to know:
    1. there is nothing wrong with my VGA cable because i tried it with my laptop and it works.
    2. i think there is also nothing wrong with the PC's VGA port because i can still see the logo etc at the startup.
    3. I don't know if it helps but i have an AMD Athlon II Processor with NVIDIA GeForce 7025/ nForce 630a
    4. I have searched every forum here, in Fixya and tomshardware but i can't find any solution..
    5. I'm a total noob at these techno-things and i would really appreciate if anyone could help me here... please.. so there it is, Thank you for those who'll help me...

2. Simba7

Simba7

It sounds like the video card is trying to drive the monitor into a higher resolution than what the monitor is designed for.

What Windows 7 disc are you using to install? Can you utilize a different monitor for the initial installation?

3. Phrankcie

Phrankcie Thread Starter

It was Ultimate...
    and i can't utilize another monitor right now, maybe tomorow i'll borrow one from a friend and check if it'll work

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Video card, monitor, or possibly the power supply is likely faulty.

The BIOS, Windows boot screen, and Safe Mode are all 640x480. So if you are getting "input not supported" in any of those modes, there is a hardware fault.

Test using a different monitor to verify the PC is operational. Test that monitor on another PC to confirm the monitor is operational.

5. Phrankcie

Phrankcie Thread Starter

ok.. I tried it with another monitor and it worked... i found out that my PC became corrupted maybe because of the unfinished installation. so what i did is formated it and reinstalled the WIN7.. then changed the resolution to what my Monitor can recognize... Now it works perfectly fine with my old Monitor..

Oddba11, i really dont know why i cant access the Safe mode in my monitor before i formatted and reinstalled the OS...

well, it's still a puzzle for me why it all happened, thankfully it got fixed... Thank you guys for your suggestions. Keep it up.

anyways, do you have any suggestion on what videocard i can put in my box?...

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088568

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice