1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Inserting Rows / Columns - retain formulas

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Yorkshire Guy, Aug 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yorkshire Guy

Yorkshire Guy Thread Starter

Hi all,

this came up in conversation recently and I thought I knew the answer but was proved wrong.

when you insert a row (or column), it sometimes (but not always) copies the format from the preceeding row (or column).

what are the criteria that determine this?

I thought it was based upon something like if the preceeding 5ish rows were all the same format but it's not that!

Thanks
    Hew

PS
    Just realised I don't know how to add a link to a previous post!!
    btw I used the macro in the posting 11-Aug-2004 "Insert Row Automation" which solves the above nicely (thanks Anne), but I'm still curious for the above criteria.
    btw the 'InserARow' macro needs a row test at the beginning to check that you aren't insering above row 1 'cos there aint a row 0 to copy down from!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/391061

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice