1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Install Office 2007 on Vista 1935 error

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by MushyP, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MushyP

MushyP Thread Starter

Hi all,
    I'm having a nightmare of a problem and wondered if anyone could help.

In the past I had office 2007 installed and working perfectly on my Windows Vista system. I then tried to install a trial of Microsoft Expression Web which would not install due to error 1935. (Stupidly) I thought that this may be due to Office being installed so I uninstalled that but it didnt solve the problem. However now i cannot re-install office 2007 due to the same 1935 error.

I have done some research on this and believe it is due to the .net (2.0??) framework which is part of the Vista operating system.

So my question is... is there a way to repair the .net framework without reinstalling vista?? (really dont wanna go through all that again)

I have tried running sfc /scannow but that just count up to 99% then closes with no indication of finding or fixing any faults, is that normal??

Thanks very much for any help any of you may have!!

2. spdabbs

spdabbs

Have you tried a System Restore to roll your PC back to before you installed MS Expression Web?

3. MushyP

MushyP Thread Starter

I did but by the time I thought of that I had installed and uninstalled too many things and there are no restore points from that long ago, would they be there but hidden?? I'm only show 4 restore points...

4. spdabbs

spdabbs

Ah... Maybe some app (of which I'm unaware) that fully removes Office, including cleaning the registry, would fix it then?

5. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
  6. MushyP

MushyP Thread Starter

Thanks for your replies, I tried various "Registry fix" programs which didn't make any difference to the problem, but I dont fully understand the registery so maybe there is still a problem there somewhere?

that article was one of the first pages i found when doin some research, and although it does seem quite througher it doesn't apply to Vista as you cant uninstall the .net framework and it doesn't appear in add/remove programs.

At the moment I'm downloading the beta of .net 3.5 to see if that will fix the framework... fingers crossed

I shall let you know of the outcome

7. MushyP

MushyP Thread Starter

well i did 2 things and now it works so not sure which did it.

Firstly i ran sfc /scannow from C:\Windows\System32 rather than just in the run command line. It still only got to 99% but told me that it was not able to fix all errors and produced a log.

Secondly I installed the .net framework 3.5 beta 2 but it seemed that the installation failed, however on restart it took ages to update configuration etc so think that may have worked...

either way i dont care now it's sorted :D

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!