1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: install warcraft 3 TFT issue

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by dman88, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dman88

dman88 Thread Starter

i just installed windows 7 tonight and m having some issues with installing frozen throne.
    Reign of Chaos installs and runs fine. when i go to install the frozen
    throne, it gets to a little less than 50% and then stops. its stuck installing at War3x.mpq....i have to
    control/alt/delete end task to get it off my screen. After i do this not only
    does the frozen fail to install but wc3 reign of chaos won't work anymore. it
    says this application failed to start because mss32.dll could not be found
    (even though the mss32.dll file is in in the warcraft 3 reign of chaos
    folder). if i reinstall wc3 reign of chaos, then reign of chaos will work
    again. but frozen throne will NOT install no matter what. Its just a huge loop right now.
    i know others have had similar issues but i havent been able to find any solutions.
    Any help would be great.
    thanks!

2. dman88

dman88 Thread Starter

Well after trial and error it was not windows 7 causing the problem it was my cd drive. i used my secondary drive and the install went all the way through. i dont know how or why but i'll take it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/868977