1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Installation Error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by raygdw, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. raygdw

raygdw Thread Starter

I am trying to install a Vodafone Mobile Internet Dongle on a Sony Laptop running XP SP3

I keep getting an installer error.

See Attached screen shot.

I have followed the advice at http://www.out-of-warranty.com/windows-installer-error-1720-1722

Yes all the options. But same problem

Please can someone advise me further.

Thanks

Attached Files:

• vmc.jpg
      vmc.jpg
      File size:
      61.7 KB
      Views:
  2. raygdw

raygdw Thread Starter

Any moderator Please can you correct the thread title it should say Installation Error but somehow the first few letters are missing leading to a very odd title.

Thanks

3. raygdw

raygdw Thread Starter

Many thanks for correcting the thread title.

4. raygdw

raygdw Thread Starter

I do not know if this helps but I went into Event Viewer and found the error.

Under properties it shows the following

Event ID 11720

Product: Vodafone Mobile Connect Lite -- Error 1720.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.
    Custom action RemoveOldShortcuts.6ED28686_7B19_420C_B255_5B6C1BD2C705 script error -2146827859,
    Microsoft VBScript runtime error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject' Line 1, Column 1,

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920756

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice