1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Installation Issues

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Sshado, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sshado

Sshado Thread Starter

I'm having problems installing a copy of Win7 Home Premium 32-bit. I bought it off Newegg (OEM System Builder Pack).

I have 3 HDDs plugged into my computer right now, all working fine. I have an 80GB, 1TB, and a 2TB, I need to install Win7 onto the 2TB. I've tried the boot setup previously as:

• DVD Drive
    • 80GB
    • 2TB
    • 1TB

No luck, I've also tried with just the DVD and 2TB, with still no luck (DVD drive was also ordered first that instance). The problem I've come upon was a blinking underscore. I couldn't find help for this problem from any other sources, via Google.

Also, DVD drive is working fine, scanning other discs well.

EDIT: Oh, and all 3 HDDs are plugged in correctly. ie, each has a SATA and power connection. Also should note that the 2TB is formatted, other two HDDs have stuff on them, lol.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Do you mean it will boot another bootable DVD?

Have you tried booting the new Windows 7 DVD on another computer to make sure it will boot?

3. bbearren

bbearren

Are you saying that you get no prompt "Press any key to boot from CD" when you restart?

Is this a known good DVD?

4. Sshado

Sshado Thread Starter

5. Sshado

Sshado Thread Starter

Never mind, seemed to have solved the problem myself, installing Win7 now. Thanks for the help though, guys! You may close this now.

For reference: I'm not sure what was causing my problem but I solved it by switching my HDD to another computer. :p Differentiation of the mobos may have been the problem but not sure lol.

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You can mark this solved using the [​IMG] button at the upper left of the page.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976806

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice