1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Installed motherboard but now have problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Braz, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Braz

Braz Thread Starter

Hi there

I have had to install a new motherboard for my PC but I am now experiencing a problem that I hope some of you techies could answer. Installation of the main board went well with no problems during installation, but when I power my PC on, I have no vision on my monitor. I have tried another monitor but same problem occurs. The new main board has on board VGA and I also installed my PCIe graphics card and have no visual on either! I'm wondering if it's because of my two SATA HDD's & the PC trying to look for the old main board instead - but am not sure if that would be correct diagnosis? I don't know what else to do for this situation and appreciate your help with the above.

On my previous system the two HDD's had Windows XP on the C: and the other HDD was just for extra storage (not sure if you need this info but thought it might help)

I've tried booting with no HDD's installed to see if BIOS comes up on screen but to no avail. Also there are no other messages on screen reporting conflicts between onboard VGA & graphics card - only the monitor itself displays quickly "no signal" .

Thanks in advance all.
    Braz

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You should get a picture on the screen regardless of whats on the hard drives, for that matter take out the hard drives if you want. I'd also take out the PCI-E video card and use the onboard video for now. Make sure all the power supply connections are secure and reset the CMOS using the Clear CMOS battery on the motherboard.

Have you gone through the Troublshooting guide at the top of this forum section? You may want to strip the computer down and setup the board outside of the case.

Also list all the hardware you have in the computer. Also why did you have to install a new motherboard?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703011

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice