1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Installed windows & ult. on 2 computers, one blue screen of death.. help? plz

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by AnonYm0Us, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnonYm0Us

AnonYm0Us Banned Thread Starter

Whats up guys, thanks for stopping by to take a look at my issue. So I installed windows 7 ultimate edition on my computer, a laptop Hp dv6-1355dx, and everything as usual when formatting went smoothly.. btw its a per-activated version, works perfect, always has. Now I installed it onto my buddies Dell laptop, Dell precision 4400, and suddenly his computer began to bring up the Blue screen stating something in regards to the video card, im not to sure considering they give you about two seconds to read a whole [aghr worth of information, but this is the error it brings up:
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 116
    BCP1: FFFFFA800448F4E0
    BCP2: FFFFF8800F2260C0
    BCP3: 0000000000000000
    BCP4: 0000000000000002
    OS Version: 6_1_7601
    Service Pack: 1_0
    Product: 256_1
    Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\031913-17316-01.dmp
    C:\Users\Gorbs\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-30248-0.sysdata.xml
    Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409
    If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

so I try to open the files that may "help describe the problem" as admin, and it tells me access is denied. Ive never had expereince with the blue screen of death, but i can tell you one thing, his computer does run hot as hell i know for a fact, and also he just told me that this screen used to come up, but suddenly stopped... I look at him with disbelief.... just suddenly went away? does anyone have any idea to what the root of this issue can be? Any input/help/suggestions would be great, thanks a lot guys.

2. Mark1956

Mark1956

We cannot give assistance with a pre-activated copy of Windows. Even with a fully licensed copy you cannot legally install it on more then one PC.

Your friend should revert back to his licensed copy of Windows and start a new thread to deal with the overheating problem as that is the most likely cause of the BSOD's.

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    closing post for reason provided by Mark1956 please re-review the rules you agreed to on signing up here

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1093672

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice