1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: installing adobe flash player on madrake 10 help

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by tjamnz, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjamnz

tjamnz Thread Starter

Hello... Im very new to linux..., but i did manage to install mandrake 10 today and network it ok. However, Ive tried to install and unpack the flash tar.gz file, but cant seem to install it for mozilla.

When I open the command promt this is what is see when i type ls

Desktop/ Documents/ install_flash_player_7_linux.tar.gz tmp/

frankly... Im stuck and dont know what to do next. Also the above text.... install_flash_player_7_linux.tar.gz is the color red, and the other dirs are colored in blue text.

The adobe site says to:

3. Unpackage the file. A directory called install_flash_player_7_linux will be created.

4. Navigate to this directory and from the command line type ./flashplayer-installer to run the installer (Note: this can only be run from the command line). The installer will instruct you to shut down your browser(s).

Thanks for any tips.

typo (Mandrake 10)

2. tjamnz

tjamnz Thread Starter

i unzipped with Ark and transferred to another dir, then installed it by typing:

./flashplayer-installer

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/483858

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice