1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{SOLVED} Installing second hard drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by busterdog, Sep 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. busterdog

busterdog Thread Starter

I have built my own computer with a 20.4g h/d. I think I partitioned it to c & d. To get the files from my old drive to the new on I installed it. The settings are now new drive: c & e old drive D and cd is e. I copied the files over and took the old drive out. The new machine will not boot up now. I posted this on the operating board and was informed that you can not just install a second drive like this. I am now going to have to format and reinstall to the new machine. Once I have done this how do I install a second drive to get my files without messing everything up again.
    Many thanks.

2. busterdog

busterdog Thread Starter

I forgot to mention that both the old and new drives have an operating system on (98se) and both have a primary dos partition.

3. LarryCore

LarryCore

If you simply want to dupe the old hard drive over to the new one, I suggest you go to the utility section of my website - www.rkfdcore.com - and download EZDrive. This will setup the partitions on the new drive however you want and copy the old drive to the new one for you. This will correctly move system files, allowing the new drive to be bootable.

------------------
    Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech

http://www.rkfdcore.com/ebaypics/referrals.htm

4. busterdog

busterdog Thread Starter

Many thanks LarryCore

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/33784

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice