Solved: Installing Virtual Box

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sepala

I tried to install Oracle Virtual box for windows, But windows tells me It is not compatible with windows and didn't pass "Windows Logo Verification" or something , and because of that, it asks me to rollback the installation. I really need to install this software. Please help

aka Brett

Banned
Check the property sheet of the installer

VirtualBox-4.0.0-69151-Win

Is that what you have?

aka Brett

Banned
Thats odd.....Perhaps the download is corrupt/ may try to download it again.
Then clean out temp files
I installed that same version on 7 ultimate{32} a few weeks ago with out any problems.

sepala

I tried that but it fails again. I have attached the image of the error msg. please help me to fix this, or please let me know another software like this rather than the microsoft production

Attachments

sepala

I didn't click that, because it says it will crash the OS

aka Brett

Banned
I dont remeber if I got that error or not while installing virtual box.........I do remember seeing it recently though..may have been while trying an email app

If you have w7 32...then you have what I have ..I installed that version of virtualbox and have been using it

Attachments

aka Brett

Banned
Update...I recovered from an image which didnt have virtual box.
After doing all my testing I reinstalled my os from an image I made just for safety sake I had been testing different AV solutions and was intentionally throwing viruses at my machine
I have used 2 versions
Version 4 was from a few days ago
I used another version prior...few weeks ago

Hit this link and give 3.2 a try

http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Download_Old_Builds

Note...I do have version 4 on this machine and its working proper as per screen shot

DoubleHelix

Banned
The message you're seeing refers to the virtual network driver that VirtualBox needs to install. It's probably normal, and I highly doubt you're getting a message that your computer will crash. That's your interpretation of a standard warning message.

If you're really concerned, post the question in the VirtualBox forums.

sepala

Hi DoubleHelix,

You mean if I click on that continue button, no damage will happen? I got that same error message when I tried to install that software into my father's machine also. I tried 3 versions!

DoubleHelix

Banned
No one can guarantee nothing bad will ever happen. I've seen that error before and successfully moved past it. I'm sharing my experience and opinion. It's a normal, standard error message that indicates a driver is not digitally signed.

sepala

Hi DoubleHelix,

Got to know you are correct about that error message. Yes, as you said it is about the Virtual Network Card..Thanks for the help...

Thanks for aka Bert and DoubleHelix for the help....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online