1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Installs

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Overdawg, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Overdawg

Overdawg Thread Starter

I have noticed online that there is a version of Vista called Vista Extreme, which has things built into the installation, I understand that downloading this is using the os with out paying making it stealing, but i want to know if there is any way that i can edit my current Vista install disk, so that next time i use it for reboot that it has programs already on, such as cc cleaner already installed and on the desktop after a reboot, any ideas on how i could achieve this?, (not just cc cleaner, i want to know how to do it with programs in general, is usefull as i have a gaming pc, and a work pc, both requiring different apps and i have 2 different os disks)

2. reddwarf1387

reddwarf1387

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

If you make an "image" of your hard drive when all your programs are installed and everything working right, you can then restore that image at any time, having all your programs installed, even to a new hard drive if the old one failed.

Free Drive Cloners/Imagers:

Macrium Reflect
    Clonezilla (Bare-metal restoration from image)
    Partimage
    Dubaron Diskimage
    SystemRescueCD
    EaseUs Disk Copy (Copies disks or partitions)
    XXClone
    CloneZilla GParted LiveCD (Complete partitioning and drive imaging/restoration tools)
    Partition Saving
    PCI CloneMaxx
    Drive Image XML
    HDClone
    DriveClonerXP
    Self-Image
    copyr.dma (Copies disk with bad sectors for recovery)

Commercial Apps:

[email protected] Disk Image
    O&O DiskImage
    Acronis True Image Home
    Farstone Drive Clone (Drive image, snapshots, file/folder backups.)
    EAZ-FIX Professional and Easy Image
    Drive Snapshot
    ShadowProtect (Also online backups.)
    Keriver Image
    Avanquest Copy Commander
    Paragon Drive Backup
    NovaBackup
    R-Drive Image
    Norton Ghost
    HDClone Pro or Enterprise
    Terabyte Image for Windows
    Terabyte Image for DOS (can directly access FAT, FAT32, and NTFS partitions)
    Spotmau Disk Clone & Backup

Macrium has a free version that works very well. The main limitation is that you have to make a full image and can't make periodic, incremental images to record changes. Still good for free.

Macrium Reflect

Images are the best of backups. Not only can you restore your machine, but the images can be mounted as drives to recover files they contain. So all your files and folders get backed up, too.

4. Overdawg

Overdawg Thread Starter

Hey thanks for the replies both are very usefull :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758406

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice