Solved: @ instead of " UK Language selected

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

etaf

Wayne
Windows XP - SP2
two admin User Accounts - Both Admin
Logitech Keyboard

User Account 1
@ and " keys work correctly on word, notepad etc
User Account 2
When I use Shift 2 I get the @ sign instead of the " - normally that just requires changing the region and language setting to be UK English - but those settings are already present. - Same on Word, Notepad etc

Checked the Regional and Language Settings, all tabs using UK English - same on both accounts
Control Panel - Keyboard, Driver and Driver details file - the same on both accounts
Checked any Startup programs on msconfig & programs > start> - all set the same

At a loss now as to what is different - Any suggestions please

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
etaf
It is with a little hesitation that I make a suggestion to YOU
But in Regional and Language settings - Languages tab - details, may I suggest you try removing all except UK english for keyboard.
Then on key settings under Preferences has HOT KEY for switch between input languages been changed somehow to a simple one stroke key press.
Other than that I just cannot wait to see the answer to this one.

valis

how'd you manage this one etaf? On the same pc even?

what about sticky keys, perchance? Doubt that would do it, but I've seen them do some rather odd things in the past.

etaf

Wayne
valis
Got me, no sticky keys - with both accounts having open, word and notepad or any other editor openoffice writer etc
I can then just use switch user and hit shift 2 and the key for shift + @ and on account 1 works fine and on account 2 swaps the keys around ......

Macboatmaster
Thanks for that - I'm not in front of PC - i will go through and look at your suggestions later/tomorrow...

etaf

Wayne
But in Regional and Language settings - Languages tab - details
fixed - - thanks Macboatmaster - forgot to look there - changed to English UK - and rebooted - now working again

thanks again

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online