1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: InstPC.exe - program starting error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by exceller, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. exceller

exceller Thread Starter

XP Pro, SP3

I have been trying to install a program starting from 'InstPC.exe' which will start but shortly tells me to restart the PC and try again, and again and again without installing.

But if I start the install from Setup.exe it will install and run correctly.

But it will not comunicate to the outside world via the USB connection. I have been told I need to install it from 'InstPC.exe' to install correctly.

Any clues of to remedy the problem with the 'InstPC.exe'

Thanks

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

I think you should avoid that program. It has a very BAD reputation...

You should stay as far away as you possibly can from Registry Cleaners, Boosters, Optimizers, TuneUp Utilities... You'll only end up crippling programs and the operating system beyond repair! These programs are completely useless and will delete what they don't understand, like legitimate files still in use.

Keep in mind that they will always find "errors" to fix, even on a fresh Windows installation!

Why I Don’t Use Registry Cleaners

Registry Cleaners and System Tweaking Tools

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic347491.html/page__p__1932993

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/997274-registry-got-messed-up-advanced.html

3. exceller

exceller Thread Starter

Thanks,

But what does this program do, as you say to avoid. Yet I am instructed to install this software from it.

The software is a Car Diagnostic program which I am trying to install on a spare hdrive just for this purpose only and nothing else.

Thanks again

4. Phantom010

Perhaps it's different than what I thought.

Google and WOT aren't giving that exe file a good reputation. Sorry, I'll have to look further into it.

What's the name of the software?

5. exceller

exceller Thread Starter

Peugeot planet 2000

6. Phantom010

OK, that's what I'm finding now.

7. exceller

exceller Thread Starter

Found this :-

instpc.exe is a process from ACTIA who produce the Lexia/Peugeot Planet software for interface program.

thanks

8. Phantom010

What does it do? Runs a diagnostic for a Peugeot? I'm guessing you own a Peugeot?

9. exceller

exceller Thread Starter

correct :eek:

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031105

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice