1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Integrated Webcam Failure

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by 69Rixter, Feb 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 69Rixter

69Rixter Thread Starter

Evening:

To start off, I'm not sure if I'm in the correct forum, or for that matter, what would be the correct forum for this post. So, should it be posted elsewhere, advise me and I'll move it THANK YOU:

For far too long now I've not been able to get the integrated webcam to operate in my laptop (HP2000-210US)(Linuxmint17 O.S.). It did work prior to the installation of LM17. I've just about burnt up Google and many Linux forums, and still no remedy. I don't know who manufactures the webcam for HP, but I'll call Mon. and see if they'll divulge that information. Should you think you can help out with this malady, please contact me and I'll post as much information concerning this laptop, as I have.
    Thank You:
    :confused:Rick

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    HP 2000-210US Notebook PC (LW365UA#ABA)

You should add and save this site in your browser's favorites/bookmarks list so you can quickly refer to it when needed.

Product Specifications

It appears it came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and has a HP Webcam with integrated digital microphone.

Its Cyberlink YouCam software is only for Windows Vista and Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit.

Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 7)

----------------------------------------------------------

I'm not familiar with Linux Mint, so I can't address any issues with it.

HP laptops previously came with a Chicony webcam, but I don't know if they still do.

-----------------------------------------------------------

3. 69Rixter

69Rixter Thread Starter

REPLY TO : FRANK

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! I've been searching for the vendor of the HP webcam for a long time. ALL the info you provided will prove invaluable, now that I know what I'm dealing with. OK, so it's HP/Windows exclusive? Well, seems I'll have to find a "patch" or some workaround. Sir, I would like to say that in the initial install of Linuxmint, the webcam 'occasionally" would operate, albeit for only 7-20 seconds. Strange. Now all I get is "No Device Found" as an error report. Anyway, your helpful reply should be all I need to remedy this malady. Oh, yes, bookmarking this page is an excellent idea!!
    I OWE you a drink or 2:
    (y)Rick

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I don't drink, but you're welcome. :)

----------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143564

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice