Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Intel chipset, and Audio Drivers not installing

4K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  tommo020788 
#1 ·
Hi, I am having some problems getting these drivers to install correctly on my newly set up computer.

The first one I had an issue with was the intel chipset driver (INFUpdate).

First it would pop up with a window saying "PCI Standard PCItoPCI Bridge" with an ok button to install it,
Then the next window would pop up saying "PCI Standard ISA Bridge" with an ok button to install it.

After clicking ok on the ISA bridge one, it comes up with the following error:
ERROR:
An unknown rror occurred.
Setup will now exit.
Not a very usefull error code eh? :p

The second Driver I had an issue with, was the Audio device drivers (Realtek High Definition Audio Driver(2.96) R2.45).

After following the prompts to get the installer started, it looks as if it is going to work.
It opens up in full screen with the brand and everything on it, has the little installing bar going, while showing all of the file names it installs as it goes,
then a small window pops up over the installation progress bar, saying install sheild wizard installing, then it comes up with the following error:

Install sheild wizard installing
RUNDLL
Error Loading Streamci
The Specified module could not be found
Does anyone know what could be going wrong here, and how to fix the problem?

The Mother board is "Ultra Durable tm 3 Motherboard" ( GA-P55-UD3 )

The CPU I have is an Intel Core I7 2.8 Intel Core i7 -8 Series Socket 1156

See less See more
#3 ·
I don't see how I could have gotten the wrong drivers, when I looked up the drivers specific to my motherboard on the gigabyte website...
They should have all been the correct drivers.
It wouldnt make sense that these Lan driver's worked for the motherboard, but the intel chipset drivers didn't, would it?

The Audio device is also an Onboard device, so it should all be the correct drivers there :S

Is there a program you could reccomend, that can find the exact model name of the audio device on the motherbaord?
If I can get the exact name of the audio device, I could probably look the audio drivers up in the realtek website, and try the drivers from there.

#7 ·
There is a later chipset driver available (version 9.1.1.1025) released on 12/22/2009 that Gigabyte doesn't show on their website.

Go here;

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=816&DwnldID=18494&lang=eng

download the driver to your desktop and install it if your operating system is one of the operating systems shown under the heading Multi language infinst911 autol.exe

If you don't have the correct chipset driver the other drivers will not install correctly. If the chipset driver installs correctly go back to the Gigabyte site and get the remaining drivers you need.

#8 ·
I tried to install the Audio Drivers Manually using "found new hardware wizard", and here is where it stopps and brings up the error during the "found new hardware wizard" :

ATI Function Driver for High Definition Audio - ATI AA01

AtiHdmi.sys
to C:\\WINDOWS\system32\drivers

"Error Loading Streamci
The specified module could not be found"
Also has error loading Streamci.dll

Device manager shows the devices as installed now, but they obviously arent,
because when I go to play an audio file, it says there is a problem with the sound device...

Any More Ideas?

EDIT:I'm doing to close this, and repost in the XP section of this website.
I have realised that streamci.dll, is actually a file that was supposed to install during the windows XP installation, but it hadn't installed streamci.dll properly.

Feel free to answer here if you know how to fix it, but I don't expect anyone in the hardware section to be specialized in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.