Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Intel Chipset Drivers

3K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  win2kpro 
#1 ·
Hi all

I'm having a spot of bother with an older RM machine with an Intel motherboard

Basically I have found the chipset drivers from the Intel website, downloaded them along with the onboard graphics and all works fine.

The problem is the onboard sound and Ethernet controllers have not been detected, does anyone know of any generic drivers that could be used? or if needed, I can provide full model numbers which have been detected by Intels chipset detection utility

Many thanks in advance

Chris

#7 ·
Those numbers don't correspond to a motherboard model number best I can tell. I recommend you go to start, then run, and type msinfo32 into the run box. Hopefully, that will give you the model number of your motherboard. It will on my computer, when many of the software programs designed to do this will not. If we can get that motherboard model number, it will be easy to find the drivers you need.

#9 ·
I would be hesitant about downloading the IDE Intel Application Accelerator. I built a lot of systems with this board, and in some case the application accelerator will interfere with IDE optical drives.

Also, you will not need either driver 9 or 10 since these drivers were later included in Windows XP service packs. For the sound driver I would use driver #4

#11 ·
wow thanks everybody! I searched and searched and searched the intel website and couldnt find that!

I think I had already installed the accelerator, and yes, like you say noticed intermittant issues with the DVD drive, I assume this is exactly what you were saying.

I'll let you know how I get on! :)

Thanks again everyone, most appreciated :)

Chris

#12 ·
With the drivers you should be able to get the board running the way it should. The 845 series boards were probably the best series of boards Intel ever built. Both Dell and Gatway used millions of this series of boards in their builds. If I recall correctly these boards had a MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) of about 145,000 hours.

I still have a machine running an 845GRGL with a Pentium 4 2.0gHZ. processor running XP home and it still runs flawlessly.

Good luck with your machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.