1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 with only 1 working core

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ninja12, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ninja12

Ninja12 Thread Starter

I did a check today on my computer because its been running slower than I thought it would when I bought it. When I ran the test it said I have 1 core working, and that the processor is at 2.36 GHz, not the 2.66 it should be at. I don't know why only 1 of the cores is working, so I was hoping one of u tech guys out there might know... Can anyone help? :confused:

2. TekTime

TekTime

Sure!

Can you give specifics on your computer such as make and model # and your OS?
    (if custom built; motherboard model and model#, operating system, memory amount, BIOS settings if applicable..etc)

3. Ninja12

Ninja12 Thread Starter

The computer is an HP Pavilion p6340f desktop running Windows 7 Home Premium.

4. TekTime

TekTime

Can you elaborate on what kind of "test" you ran on your computer? (software name?)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/947536

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice