Solved: Intel Management Firmware update to version 8.x

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pcatrocity

I have an intel DH61WW mobo, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, 8.1
It shipped able to handle up to i7 3rd Gen processors only. It can be updated to accept 3rd Gen which is what I have.

I seem to be in a loop while upgrading from a Pentium G840 to an i3770 K on this Intel DH61WW motherboard.
the Problem: It seems that I need version 8.x of Intel Management Firmware and I can't get to update past version 7.1.52.1176
According to this page, I need version 8.x to continue for updates to use Windows 8 & 8.1

So far, I have had the bios version update to
BEH 6110H.86A.0048.2012.1105.1520
I had the i7 installed but it acted confused. So I reinstalled the Pentium and the computer works but I
still can't get the Intel Management Firmware to update.
According to this page I am ready for 3rd Gen i7 but not unless Intel Management Firmware gets updated first

Board

DH61WW

3rd Gen-Ready AA#s
AAG23116-206
or later

3rd Gen-Capable AA#s
AAG23116-204
3rd Gen-Transition BIOS version
BEH6110H.86A.0035
3rd Gen-Ready BIOS version
BEH6110H.86A.0041 or later

Triple6

Rob
It's not my method but the exact method that Intel describes in the link you posted above.

Your link:

According to this page, I need version 8.x to continue for updates to use Windows 8 & 8.1
From that page:

Intel said:
2. If the Intel ME version is 7.x, use the BE0048.BIO file to do a BIOS Recovery and then check the Intel ME Firmware version again to confirm that version 8.x has been installed.

pcatrocity

I never pulled the BIOS jumper. Maybe that is why I'm caught in this loop.
When everything else is done for the day I will follow your directions with USB and pulled BIOS jumper. (approx. 4 hours)

I did try going back to BIOS 0028 and got this message:
BIOS 0048 cannot be downgraded to 0028.
Structural changes in this BIOS prohibit moving to earlier versions.
For more information see the BIOS release notes for this BIOS version.

pcatrocity

THANK YOU Triple6 for your help. Your method with USB worked like a charm and now I have version 8.0.13.1502 Intel Management Firmware

Now I should be able to update the BIOS to 0099 & 0120 after I switch CPUs again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online