1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by themusikid, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. themusikid

themusikid Thread Starter

I have windows XP Home edition with a Dell Dimension 3000 desktop, and I have been having a problem with the Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller driver, it won't update. I downloaded an alternate driver updater (drivermax) to see if that would work, but after I downloaded, there were a lot of errors so I rolled back. I went to the intel website to download it manually, but the downloads are not what I need. I looked all over for an alternate mirror or anything that I could download it from, but I couldn't. I suppose I don't need the driver as everything is working fine as is, but I would like it. :eek:Thanks.[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Sponsor

3. smith_

smith_

As long as your graphics driver working fine, you should not need to update it.

4. themusikid

It is working fine, but automatic updates keeps displaying it as an update, and it is very annoying when it says it won't install. So would I just make it so it doesn't display in the microsoft update webpage? Thanks.

5. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

Do NOT download and install driver updates from the Windows updates site! They are usually incomplete or outdated and will likely cause the affected device not to work properly afterwards.

In fact, you should set "Automatic Updates" to only notify you of updates and not to download or install them automatically.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The Intel 82865G Graphics Media Accelerator driver at the Intel site is version 6.14.10.4396 - which your computer already has(according to the screenshot).

----------------------------------------------------------------

6. themusikid

Okay thank you I will do that.

7. Davec

Davec Gone but never forgotten

Agree. I let WU update a video driver once and booted to a blank monitor.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/821071