1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Intel Socket 775 cpu cooling fan is driving my family CRAZY!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bgdave1, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bgdave1

bgdave1 Thread Starter

Can anyone recommend a quieter sollution to this Whinny stock Intel socket 775 cpu cooling fan?:mad:

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

There are any number of HS/fan products for the socket 775, so the answer is obviously yes. Start at Socket 775 HS/Fan Products, and pick one with a low noise rating, you have 27 to choose from.

3. bgdave1

bgdave1 Thread Starter

Tanks

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
  5. bgdave1

bgdave1 Thread Starter

Yeah it is exactly what I bought total $51.49 w/ free 3 day shipping......which actually is like one day for me because the Los Angeles wharehouse is like an hour from me....1 Day shipping..WHooooo Hooooooo!!:D Thank you for your reply!

Just one thing.....is Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste the best product out there for my new install?:confused:

6. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    I have never heard of it if there is. THere may be but I have always used arctic silver. And with the amount you are going to use, on small syringe of Arctic silver would last you for years. I bought a 4 gram syringe and have built and/or replacedmore than 30 computers and still have plenty to go around.

7. bgdave1

bgdave1 Thread Starter

Thank you dustyjay:D

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/464682

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice