1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Intel X3100 issue (possibly...)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gregarchy, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gregarchy

Gregarchy Thread Starter

Dear people of Tech Guy forum

Just a hopefully small issue.... I recently attempted to play "Hitman Bloodmoney" on a laptop running off an intel X3100 GMA. This game had somehow managed to cause my graphics media accelerator to nearly shut down and there was some message stating that there was some sort of problem but my videocard recovered. This seemed fine.... Until.... My screen size was the equivalent of that which it would be if I were running it at the resolution I am running my games in windowed mode. It is as if it is in windowed mode except I do not see my desktop... It is dark around the window. I have re-installed the drivers and done what one would think to usually solve this issue... Yet I have no resolve:(. If someone could aid me that would be great. (Also any tips on tweaking the x3100 would be brilliant.)

2. Gregarchy

Gregarchy Thread Starter

By saying that the screen appears in a mode simmilar to that of windowed mode I mean that games run as if they are in windowed mode with black around them.

3. Gregarchy

Gregarchy Thread Starter

I solved it. Somehow the aspect ratio had been changed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754257

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice