1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] Intellimouse jumps to lower left corner

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by K1UC, Jan 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. K1UC

K1UC Thread Starter

Hi all,

I installed a wireless, ball-less Microsoft Blue mouse on my W2k machine and it worked great. Software version 4.1.

A week later, I installed the Wireless Optical Desktop, with an identical mouse and a wireless keyboard.

Everything works fine except that my mouse pointer periodically jumps down to the lower left corner of the screen and I have to go get it with the mouse.

Has anyone ever had this happen and possibly knows the fix? I didn't reinstall the mouse software from the desktop package because both were marked 4.1 and the installation program said I didn't need to reinstall.

Thanks for any help.

Jay

2. K1UC

K1UC Thread Starter

I just noticed that when the mouse jumps to the lower left corner, the screen gives a little jump as well, like a one-line scroll. Perhaps that would help solve this problem.

Thanks in advance, Jay

3. Davey7549

Davey7549

K1UC
    Not sure what could be causing this and can only take a few guesses.
    1) Have you looked at the MFG's Website for updates?
    2) Have you tried lowering the Video Hardware acceleration down a bit in the Display Adapter\Performance area of control panel.
    3) Another though would be is the refresh rate set to optimal.

Thats all I can think of maybe others have ideas.

Dave

4. K1UC

K1UC Thread Starter

Dave,

Thanks for the tips. I appear to have fixed it. I went into the scroll troubleshoting menu and said "fix it." I'm not sure what the program did.

Apparently that worked, since everything's been fine the past few hours and it would have messed up many times by now. Let's hope the fix "sticks."

I think this thread can be closed at this point.

Thanks again. Jay

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115638

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice