1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Intelltype Pro 7.1

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by westpest, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. westpest

westpest Thread Starter

I have just downloaded this from MS and they say it is windows7 ready. As I have bought 2 Wireless 6oooV2 keyboards I need to install on 2 computers. 1st was great no problems, #2 however simply will not load software. It goes through the procedure and restarts etc but when I start the app I get the message as displayed. It is referring to a location that does not exist and although I point it to every conceivable place that the itp.msi file that it requires could be it just wont run. I have searched whole computer an USB where install program is with no luck at all.
    Any suggestions???

Attached Files:

2. lagunasrfr

lagunasrfr

You don't need intellitype installed to run a wireless keyboard unless you want to use special features in intellitype. I have disabled it in my system because I do not use it. If it installed and is in your startup list, enter: msconfig in your start menu and uncheck it as a startup program unless you really need it.

3. westpest

westpest Thread Starter

Thanks for reply, I am actually using the keyboard now, but I would like the ability to use to some of the 18 or so keys that I can't. There is also the matter of working perfectly on 1 Win 7 computer and not the other that I would like to rectify.
    DanF

4. lagunasrfr

lagunasrfr

5. westpest

westpest Thread Starter

It was in my add/remove so I did as suggested, love that Revo program. Downloaded the install file again (same as previous) install went as normal and restarted, When I start keyboard application I got the same respose as in the pic but just a different file # at D:\c....... and when I browse as asked I cannot try to locate anything but an installation file itp.msi, even in the downloaded file...Frustrating

DanF

6. lagunasrfr

lagunasrfr

Try removing again with Revo. Then redownload and click on SAVE, not RUN when the download starts. Tell it to save to your desktop. Then run it from there. There appears to be some confusion with the location of the installer. Before you do the download, run free Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and if Intellitype appears in the list, delete it from the list. There could be an old installer file causing a problem with the installation. It is usually a good idea to run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility program before re-installing any program.

7. westpest

westpest Thread Starter

I thank you for your time and expertise, but after following your suggestions to the letter it still returns the same result.
    I simply don't want to waste any more time on a product that causes this much grief just trying to install it, and as Microsoft won't even respond to a request for advice I'll give it away (literally) and buy a Logitec.
    Once again thanks for your advice
    DanF

8. lagunasrfr

lagunasrfr

Sorry about that. You might ask yourself "what software do I have on the 2nd computer that might be causing a problem"? You could try "safe boot." Safe boot will only load the minimal Windows services. Enter msconfig at the start menu, click the "boot" tab and you should probably select "minimal" and "network".

Then, if you still have the install file on your desktop, run the Revo Uninstaller and Windows Installer Cleanup and try a reinstall. Before you reboot, run msconfig again and uncheck the "safe boot" option.

9. westpest

westpest Thread Starter

Well, I thought why not try one last time so I did as you suggested-alas to no avail- Thanks for your input, I believe I have learnt a lot in the last couple of days. I will be doing a clean install in the next few weeks so I'll try again.
    Dan F

10. lagunasrfr

lagunasrfr

Sorry it didn't work out for you, West. If you were going to do a clean install anyway, that would be the best way to go. Always remember to run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility before reinstalling any software - especially Apple Itunes, Quicktime, etc.

11. westpest

westpest Thread Starter

Problem Solved!! Did a clean install on a new drive and this was first program loaded-works perfectly...I know it seems a drastic measure but I was running Win7 on the same drive as old XP so I really needed to do a clean install anyway. Again thanks for all your advice it will be sored away for future use.
    Dan

12. ChuckE

ChuckE

I have a lot of different MS keyboards, and I have not seen or located anything called "Intelltype Pro 7.1" from Microsoft, yet. I do have IntelliType Pro 7.0 also subnoted (build 260)

Now, I believe you have something called that, but I wonder if it really from Microsoft. Where did you get it? What is the link to it?

13. lagunasrfr

lagunasrfr

14. westpest

westpest Thread Starter

15. ChuckE

ChuckE

Thanks for the Intellitype Pro 7.1 links, guys.

I found out that the only change from my existing v7.0 was that v7.1 now allows repeating macros.

There is also an IntelliPoint Pro v7.1, which also picked up the capability of repeating macros.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/897339

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice