1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Interface Card Problem

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by kenziesmom, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kenziesmom

kenziesmom Thread Starter

Here is the information about my computer.

Windows XP Media Center Edition
    Dell Inspiron 1501 (laptop)
    AMD Turion(tm) 64X2 Mobile
    Technology TL-50
    1.60 GHz 896 MB of RAM
    Physical Address Extension

My problem has something to do with the interface card, I think. An error message came up saying something about that card and a network. I deleted it thinking it didn't relate to me because I don't have a network. Well the Internet seems to work OK except the Realarcade website doesn't detect I'm connected.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

pam

I'll sleep when I'm dead."
    Warren Zevon (1947-2003)

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

How do you connect to the internet?
    Dial-up or cable or DSL?

By any chance did the message relate to the Network Interface Card, as "Interface card" could be anything.

If you use cable or DSL with a router that connects to the ethernet port, then you do indeed use the Network Interface Card.

If you connect via dial-up you do not, that should have no effect on connection to one particular site in either event.

If you use the card, it must be working to access the web.

If you do not use it (e.g you have dial up) then it would have no effect on one site.

When errors occur, it is best to carefully write them down.

3. kenziesmom

Hi kiwiguy'
    Yeah, it did say "Network Interface Card". Since I'm not on a network I didn't think it related to me. oops...I know, I should be more meticulous about error messages. Sorry about that. Is there anything I can do to check on the status of the Network Interface Card? My internet connection is DSL.

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

If you connect to DSL using the ethernet port, you are indeed on a network and you are indeed using the network card.

Look in Contol Panel - System - Hardware - Device manager - Network adapters, see if any "?" or "!" in yellow are present.

5. kenziesmom

All righty then! No ? or yellow signs under Network Adapters so I guess there's no problem.

Thanks

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541060

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice