1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Intermittent Connectivity

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by gordoncanada, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gordoncanada

gordoncanada Thread Starter

Hello everybody. I just got a Z68 Extreme 4 Motherboard back after RMA. I installed it a week ago along with 8 gigs of Corsair Vengence memory and a Core i7 2600k processor.
    1.Reinstalled Mobo in system
    2.Installed Windows 7 64 bit Home and professional on two separate
    SSD drives
    3.Installed Drivers from Extreme 4 installation DVD
    4.Windows 7 set up internet I (wired to router which has never given problems)
    5.Connection lost intermittently on both operating systems. Connection is not lost downstairs on wirelessly connected computer. Unplugging modem does not effect problem. Sometimes Windows can diagnose the problem and fix it by resetting "local area connection adapter." Other times windows cannot diagnose the problem at all and only a restart will reset the problem. But only temporarily; the connection continues to be lost intermittently, it seems always during downloads but maybe that's the only time I notice it.
    6. Tried reinstalling Windows but the same problem happens again.
    7. Problem continues to happen even when all drivers and Operating System itself are updated to current versions.
    8. When it happens and Windows cannot diagnose the problem, after restart the internet does not automatically turn on. The connection still has to be repaired and at that point it can be diagnosed and fixed by resetting the "Local Area connection Adapter."
    9. When it happens, the program that was using the internet freezes as well until the computer is restarted

10. It happened on the OS I tried to load up with programs (Norton 2012, Office, Firefox, etc.) as well as the OS I kept clean except for trying to upgrade drivers. It can't be a software conflict. And it happened right out of the box.

My conclusion: Hardware problem. Does anybody else have any other ideas?

Thanks!

2. gordoncanada

gordoncanada Thread Starter

Issue solved. I installed a network card and the internet works fine. Now I have to decide if it is worth RMA'ing for the second time in a row because the onboard lan doesn't work.
    Gordon

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!