1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] intermittent loading of windows

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by jotho, Sep 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jotho

jotho Thread Starter

hi all...
    recently appearing problem of: when i startup, my initial memory check page comes on, then the second startup page, then the win logo page, then back to the 3rd startup page...at which time it freezes there. it does not happen every time...maybe two times out of three. i reboot pc and the page with the 'loading in 'safe mode' page comes on (which doesn't help me much since i know very, very little about this stuff). i usually click on it to run "normal", and then my windows loads ok and seems to work just fine. the only things i have done recently was to add memory (which is recognized...also, problem did not show up right after installing mem.) and use Adware to remove Webhancer. Could the removal of that 'webhdll.dll' file have anything to do with it?
    can someone please help a pretty-much neophite user to diagnose why windows won't fully load? i don't know what specific info to include with this message...i will supply as needed.
    thanks in advance to any and all...

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. Do you have the windows startup sound running? If so disable it.

3. jotho

jotho Thread Starter

AcaCandy...
    Thanks. Didn't know if that was the complete tip for fixing my problem or just the start of a series. Regardless, i disabled the startup sound, and when i started my computer this a.m. it went through the complete process without freezing...hopefully, this will continue over the rest of my startups. If not, i'll write you back.
    I stated how little i know about this stuff, so could you tell me briefly what your fix did? How were the two things related? Thanks again for your time and help.....jotho

4. ~Candy~

Really, they shouldn't be related, but sometimes it causes the computer to hang either on startup or shutdown. Hopefully it's going to be as easy as that ;)

5. jotho

jotho Thread Starter

My problem of intermittent loading of windows has not resurfaced since applying your advice. Appreciate your time...
    thanks again,
    jotho.

6. ~Candy~

You are very welcome, we'll mark this case solved ;)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163756

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice