Solved: Internet Connection Issue ...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sassyspaz

I have HP Pavillion Laptop, Windows 7 bought in January 2010. Everything on the thing worked fine until one day it just stopped connecting to the internet. I was using a wireless connection, but its not connecting hard-wired either. Its under warranty so had the geek squad look at it (2 weeks later they say nothing is wrong and it works fine) They showed me in the store it connecting to their wireless network and my boyfriend was able to connect wirelessly at work. He brings it home and still nothing.

We did IP Config and it shows media disconnected, found some helps that said what to do to fix that and it still shows media disconnected.

We are beyond frustrated, have no idea what the issue could be. Desktop at home connects hard wired and through the router ....

Any thoughts?

sassyspaz

I don't see how the router can be the issue if I cant get online hardwired either.

TerryNet

Terry
Try to connect by both ethernet and Wi-Fi and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

When you plug your laptop into your router does the LED for the port you plug it into light up? It should. If not try a different network cable and a different port on the router.

sassyspaz

It was showing media disconnected when we did ip config ... we just finished doing a system recovery and he's online now.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online