1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Internet connection's inconsistences

Discussion in 'Networking' started by sachs, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

I have a very successful 2 M connection. Since three days the internet connection, together with the the telephone (that cannot generate calls and that's managed by the same very important company here arround, {and the cable [that's OK]}), has been failing as hesitating, failing at all, closing browsers, stopping mails, etc. ( a real trouble to get this page for making this question). Speed measures have been also coherently very variable. In this second it's almost well, but a short while ago, I had my 2 M as download with 0 upload. I have been trying to fix this through the server's support team. I am very sorry to find myself in the need to say (or confess), that these companies hire people at low incomes, that do not know a word, plus having bad moods. I have talked with six different guys and have gotten six different advices. One of them obligated my huge, poor old body to almost fracture my spine re setting the modem (that's behind the desk). In the inmediate subsquent minute, other guy told me that they had a huge trouble in my boulevard and other one that's neighbour. A promised technical visit for passed friday didn't take place with no explanation. WELL: now they say that I would have a trouble in my PC... At this respect, I can say that I am the only one to even start and close the issue; that I run Spybot weekly together with antivirus; that I do not download anything except Classical music just pre paid, from worldwide known companies; I do not navigate through "inadequate" places; etc., etc. The PC, in other fields, as starting, openings applications, etc., is more than perfect.
    After this apparently long message, my question or consult is this: What do I have to do, first for disregarding any PC failure that could be causing this; and, second, what do I have to know practically to teach and/or talk with these support guys. I must say that here arround, is in full practice the inmediate end of the e mail address as soon as one quit one of these companies, implying some sort of hypocrit monopoly. A while ago, one could move from one company to other keeping the free address as for avoid dammages to the customer. This is cleared to you for the apparently obvious advice or question: Why don't you move from that server? I have my address in infinite places as to start changing it without a real disturbing time (I am an academic with full national and international activities). Please, be so kind to forgive me for the size of this enquiry. Receive my friendly greetings and anticipated thanks for the understanding. I have the usual legitimate faith in the forum people's knowledge.

2. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

I have just runned a speed test. I realize that it takes a lot to start, bit it discloses 2080/450 (!!!!!!!!!!!). I get the same at browsing: slow starting at opennig pages; the rolling band below runs fast uo to the almost end and there, stops for a while. I thought it could be valuable to add to my consult. I feel this as a server trouble, isn't it? Sorry. Thanks

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
    http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
    and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.

4. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

I will do it as soon as I can. Many, many thanks

5. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

6. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

I am making the test, but I hve to go out. I will continue later.Many thanks

7. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

I cannot start a new test. It says "You've got no tool points!" Sprry for my stupidity. Many thanks.

8. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

It seems that the speed got recovered. As a matter of fact I do not want to spend one penny in this. I want to specially thank you for your kindness.

9. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You don't need any tool points, I run the test all the time.

Attached Files:

10. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

The case is the page is not very ambivalent and I, myself, cannot run the test for the second time. The first got aborted because I had to leave to have lunch in my daughter's home. When I tried again, it happened to me (I know what happens to me...), I couldn't. I will try again, but if you could help me I would appreciate it very much. If you like, you can send me your e mail, through a personal message and, then, I could paste you the web page. If not, please do not worry. Many thanks and greetings.

11. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

NOW THE TEST IS RUNNING. SUNDAY DIDN'T. Many thanks and kind regards.

12. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

13. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

14. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

THis is the first page where they say the test is i progress.
    http://www.dslreports.com/testhistory?r=5 I do not know if it is possible to open,

15. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756322

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice