1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Internet disconnecting

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sargamrb, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sargamrb

sargamrb Thread Starter

I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 (64 bit) and since my internet disconnects every few minutes. I have tried everything and nothing has worked so far. Any help will be appreciated.

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    I would suggest that you ask a moderator move your thread to the Networking Forum. You would probably get a speedier response from someone there.

3. wtxcowboy

wtxcowboy

have you ck'd to see if your nic (network interface card) needs windows 7 drivers or if there are any at HP? enter your model # in drivers & downloads & see if you need to update anything. or call HP!!

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Did you do a "Upgrade" or a "Clean" install?

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Install the chipset (first) and networking drivers from your PC manufacturer's web site. Use Vista if there are none specifically for Windows 7.

6. sargamrb

sargamrb Thread Starter

It was an upgrade from Vista (64) to Windows 7 (64) home premium

7. antech

antech Banned

The upgrade might have been the culprit.
    Windows 7 is NOT able to pick the drivers correctly.
    Uninstall the device in Device Manager and let windows reinstall for required drivers for it or as suggested by my seniors,
    Install the Drivers from the Manufacturers Website

8. sargamrb

sargamrb Thread Starter

Thanks to everyone who replied. I did found a fix on HP's website and updated my network adapter and it's working fine.....thanks again.

9. antech

antech Banned

Cheers

10. yehs14

yehs14

I have the same problem with my Hp Compaq Presario V3000. It originally came with Wiondows Vista but I upgraded it to Windows 7. I am still experiencing getting disconnected from the internet.(n)

I have to unplug and replug my ethernet cable for the laptop to recognize again my net connection. :confused:

sargamrb -- what exact driver did you install to make your connection work??? Can please give me a link on where I can download it...
    Did it totally fixed your disconnection problem?

BIG THANKS!!! :cool:

11. antech

antech Banned

yehs,please start a new thread.

12. yehs14

yehs14

@antech - I just want to ask the author of this thread on what type of driver did he download that made his connection more stable. Sorry.

13. wtxcowboy

wtxcowboy

drivers are specific to your model #, go to hp.com drivers & download page, enter your model # & follow the prompts from there to see what updates will apply to your model computer :D

14. sargamrb

sargamrb Thread Starter

Go to your device manager and look for the network adapter you are using. Note the name of adapter and go to HP's website. Search for that adapter (type in exactly as it appears in your device manger) in the search window, which will take you to the proper download patch....and just download. Mine is working just fine now. Hope this helps. Sorry, I was not able to respond to any personal e-mails sent from this website, for some technical reason.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918879

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice