Solved: Internet disconnecting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sargamrb

I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 (64 bit) and since my internet disconnects every few minutes. I have tried everything and nothing has worked so far. Any help will be appreciated.

dustyjay

Jay
I would suggest that you ask a moderator move your thread to the Networking Forum. You would probably get a speedier response from someone there.

have you ck'd to see if your nic (network interface card) needs windows 7 drivers or if there are any at HP? enter your model # in drivers & downloads & see if you need to update anything. or call HP!!

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Did you do a "Upgrade" or a "Clean" install?

TerryNet

Terry
Install the chipset (first) and networking drivers from your PC manufacturer's web site. Use Vista if there are none specifically for Windows 7.

antech

Banned
The upgrade might have been the culprit.
Windows 7 is NOT able to pick the drivers correctly.
Uninstall the device in Device Manager and let windows reinstall for required drivers for it or as suggested by my seniors,
Install the Drivers from the Manufacturers Website

sargamrb

Thanks to everyone who replied. I did found a fix on HP's website and updated my network adapter and it's working fine.....thanks again.

I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 (64 bit) and since my internet disconnects every few minutes. I have tried everything and nothing has worked so far. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks to everyone who replied. I did found a fix on HP's website and updated my network adapter and it's working fine.....thanks again.
I have the same problem with my Hp Compaq Presario V3000. It originally came with Wiondows Vista but I upgraded it to Windows 7. I am still experiencing getting disconnected from the internet.(n)

I have to unplug and replug my ethernet cable for the laptop to recognize again my net connection. :confused:

sargamrb -- what exact driver did you install to make your connection work??? Can please give me a link on where I can download it...
Did it totally fixed your disconnection problem?

BIG THANKS!!! :cool:

@antech - I just want to ask the author of this thread on what type of driver did he download that made his connection more stable. Sorry.

drivers are specific to your model #, go to hp.com drivers & download page, enter your model # & follow the prompts from there to see what updates will apply to your model computer :D

sargamrb

Go to your device manager and look for the network adapter you are using. Note the name of adapter and go to HP's website. Search for that adapter (type in exactly as it appears in your device manger) in the search window, which will take you to the proper download patch....and just download. Mine is working just fine now. Hope this helps. Sorry, I was not able to respond to any personal e-mails sent from this website, for some technical reason.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online