1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Internet Explorer 7 problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by patrikspongh40, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. patrikspongh40

patrikspongh40 Thread Starter

After I downloaded IE7 in wouldn't totally install because I needed to downloads updates and my computer wouldn't. So now I can's use my people's pc internet connection I click on it and it does NOTHING. It's like I don't have it anymore. Help'
    Heidi

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Did you download IE7 ?? ... or get it as one of Bill's critical updates ?

3. Old Rich

Old Rich

Is that a dial up connection? . . have you tried deleting it and setting up a new one? . . Have you contacted Peoples PC Internet support?

4. patrikspongh40

I downloaded IE7 from the internet. I've tried to reistall people's pc but it just freezes, I haven't called them yet it's really frustrating I don't want to be on the phone for hours. People's pc is a dial-up connection.
    Heidi

5. Old Rich

Old Rich

6. Rich-M

Rich-M

You cannot set up People Pc within XP, it won't do it, you have to use their software. Why not go into Add/Remove Programs and uninstall IE7, which would take it back to 6.0 and then reinstall Poeple Pc Software.

7. spruce

spruce

should you go back to ie6.Go to system restore and select a date before your problem started.

8. Old Rich

Old Rich

Is it something other than a dial up connection and login???

9. Rich-M

Rich-M

No Rich but I had it for a while a few years ago and never managed to set it up manually, only with thier software. Really bugged me and I really tired.

10. Old Rich

Old Rich

I nosed around on their website ( as much as you can without signing up ) and they seem to include a bunch of AOL like HS . . Probably have to talk to their support to see what they have done to compat with IE7 . . after all . . they have known this was comming for a year or so

11. patrikspongh40

I ended up unistalliing Internet Exploror 7 then reistalling people's with the cd. I'm good now. I have another post though about disabled system restore my firewall , security center windows installer. I can't view any information on my comp such as memory or anthing. I really need help with this

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539170

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice