Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Internet Explorer 8 not opening - error reports

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Slim45 
#1 ·
I have an HP Pavillion zv6000 series laptop with the AMD Athion 64 processor and am running Windows XP.

I'm having trouble with IE 8. It will not open a page. It asks to send an error report to Microsoft and that it needs to close. After hitting don't send, it just locks up with no page opening. If I try sending the eroor report the same thing happens. I tried shutting off my fire wall but it had no effect.

I am able to access the internet using Firefox on this computer, but I do not like it as much as IE.

I ran Malwarebytes but it found nothing. I tried re-installing IE8 but to no effect.

Please help!

#3 ·
I do have connectivity issues with IE8, though not quite the same as you describe. On relatively rare times, it says not connected tho I am, It likes to not load a website's CSS file, etc... but load the page itself.... It acts like I'm not connected, but I am and as soon as I mash the "check connectivity" button, it loads the page............

Rather bizarre issue........

#4 ·
If I understand you correctly, you want me to remove IE8, install IE6, and then install IE8 on top of IE6.

Is that correct?

What do you mean by "all version"?

I uninstalled IE8 and then found an IE6.exe. I tried to run it but it kept coming up: " A previous installation has pending work requiring a reboot. You need to restart your computer to complete that installation before running Internet Explorere setup. Setup will now close."

I tried rebooting twice, but I still get the same message.

#9 ·
I did try to run the IE6 setup application again, but I got the same message as before:

"A previous installation has pending work requiring a reboot. You need to restart your computer to complete that installation before running Internet Explorer setup. Setup will now close."

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.