1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Internet Explorer & Windows Live Messenger problems.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by lfcbill, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lfcbill

lfcbill Thread Starter

Hello. I am writing this to you in the firefox web browser, as my Internet explorer dowsnt work. I can't acces any web-page from it. I cannot sign into windows liver messenger and neither can I update my pc via windows/microsoft update. I cannot connect to the itunes store in itunes. But in the mozzila friefox web browser I can browse any web page. I can also connect to IRC servers in mIRC. I dont know whats up but I would really like some support or solutions. If it helps I'm using windows vista home premium.
    Thank you in advance.

2. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet Options, Advanced. Click the Reset button at the bottom.

Let us know if this helps.

Courtney

3. lfcbill

lfcbill Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply, Courtney. But it didn't make any difference :(

4. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

Did you try disabling the Windows Firewall (or any other firewall you may have installed)?

Did you check the Connections tab in Internet Explorer and make sure that (1) it is set to "Never Dial a Connection" and (2) that under LAN settings, nothing is checked.

Let us know.

Courtney

5. lfcbill

lfcbill Thread Starter

Ah, the other day I was using a proxy, and it had expired or something, but its settings were still in IE, i sed the to retrieve automaticaly and it is working fine now, thank you very much.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/742680

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice